6.26.2011

Play That Funky Music White Girl

 

The 70’s.

Bell Bottoms.  Sideburns.  Afros.  Abba.  Hippies.  M*A*S*H.  Stretch Armstrong and ….

Ugly couches … but the good kind of ugly. Now it may be debatable whether or not there even is a good kind of ugly … but I believe, oh I believe.

I have a thing for old-ugly-retro couches and furniture.  I LOVE the sleek straight lines …

Yes, yes I know, they make modern couches that have a nice clean silhouette now but honestly I can’t fork out the moo-lah they are asking for those pretty little things. 

 Trust me, a beautiful modern grey couch is on my wish list … but this will have to quench my modern-straight-couch thirst for now ….

1972 was a good year.

DSC_7418vintage

Poor Mitchell doesn’t quite see my vision.

 

“The couch looks and smells like something from a baby diaper” 

-Mitchell

The color … yes, can’t argue with that … the smell? … a “vintage aroma” would be more accurate 

DSC_7422vintage

I love it.

 

2 comments:

merathon said...

tell mitchell that HE smells like baby poo. the room looks great and i think the couch is what pulled it all together. . .

Anita Preece said...

Erin, you crack me up. I like the couch. I sure do miss you! I hope things are well with you and Mitchell!