1.17.2010

I Don't Like Mountain Dew

I don't like Mountain Dew. But I sure did like the Mountain Dew Winter Tour. I learned this tour was going to take place many many months ago and we had to be a part of it. So we decided to witness the women's and men's snowboarding super pipe finals.

Check out the gnarled death grip I have on that Yeti.

This picture does the super pipe no justice. It was gargantuan. After waiting in line for a little over an eternity, we were able to claim our territory ... right behind all the VIP people who paid $100 for their positions ... suckers.

We had to watch the women's finals first .... and I will admit ... the men were much more entertaining. You would not believe how hard it was to get a nice shot of these guys doing their thing. So fast. So steath. I was lucky to get this one.

3 1/2 hours of standing in the freezing cold took its toll. After consulting with our toes, ears, backs and legs ... we decided to head home.

1 comment:

aunt jan said...

Yeti Schmeti, that's Mitchell in his alternate winter coat. Hope you didn't loose any toes to frostbite.