2.19.2010

Riff Raff

riff·raff
/ˈrɪfˌræf/ Show Spelled[rif-raf]
–noun
1.people, or a group of people, regarded as disreputable or worthless: a pack of riffraff.
2.the lowest classes; rabble: the riffraff of the city.
3.trash; rubbish.

I'm pretty sure the people of Odgen Athletic Club now consider me to be ..... riff raff. I wake up at 3:00 am, stumble into the shower, stumble out of the shower, throw some clothes on (without paying too much attention to my clothes), eat breakfast and I'm out the door to open the gym. I'm required to wear khakis and when I get home from work ... I'll be quite honest with you .... I usually drape them over the end of our bed. Well Mitchell and I were in bed the other day when he took a glance at my pants at the end of the bed and made an observation .......

Now, this may look small ... but trust me, its big enough to be embarrassing ... and its right on my .....bottom.

And just when I thought the worst was over ... Mitchell discovered ANOTHER one. A two finger width hole. What the heck? It's not like I'm working on a farm, taming tigers ... or climbing over barbed wire fences .... I sit at a desk for heaven's sake. Who even knows how long my pants have been in this state. Oh well.

Speaking of pants .... The semi-annual Savers "everything is 50% off" sale happened last Monday .... and boy did I find a steal. The moment I saw them I knew they had to be expensive. The detailing, the type of distressing ... and the style and placement of the back pockets .... you really can learn a lot about a pair of jeans thanks to the rear pockets. I got them for $5.00...brand new condition .....

I brought them home and told Mitchell I was sure they were worth at least $80 .... he doubted my judgment ever so slightly. We did a little research ......

You better believe they are posted on eBay this very minute

5 comments:

aunt jan said...

We'll just call you Picabo.

Piquantly Parisian said...

What size are those pants? My style has been lacking lately...

merathon said...

and what will you buy with your profits? has someone bought them yet?

Erin said...

Picabo? did you mean Picaso? or maybe you were trying to pay tribute to the olympics ... picabo street? Size 29 Alicia ... you could fit your entire body into one of the pant legs ha. Mer ...U2 tickets were the plan ...but since we didn't make bank on the pants I'm sure I will use the money to do some more thrifting.

Marliese said...

Those are sweet. Sorry no ebayers recognized their true value...