4.26.2010

5 Alive!

Oh the 80’s.

The hair…

80shair

The music…

lionel_richie  

  The clothes …..

80sclothes

The movies.  Ohhhhh the movies.   My mind was not programmed to appreciate 80’s movies.   Surprisingly enough the 80’s did produce a few classic flicks ….. Star Wars, The Princess Bride and Indiana Jones  …. but the number of bad movies far outweigh the good.   I don’t know what got into Mitchell the other day … but he got on this 80’s kick.  Before I knew it we had “Short Circuit” and “Gremlins” at our fingertips.  I resisted ...for a while.  But honestly, who can say no to Mitchell?  I only agreed to view Short Ciruit 1 (believe it or not .. there is a Short Circuit 2) and somehow I got conned into watching the first 30 mins of Gremlins … but by then my mind was ready to explode and I could handle no more … but it was too late.  “5 alive! 5 alive!” was already engrained into my brain.  Never again.  I, Erin Fillmore, will not participate in watching any more poorly made 80’s movies. 

 

johnny5

5 comments:

merathon said...

but before you ban all 80's movies, you need to watch Some Kind of Wonderful-- one of the BEST!

Nancy said...

I'm with you for the most part about the 80's, but Short Circuit wasn't all that bad- like the three stooges and the "Who's Johnny" scenes. Come on Erin- Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?

Marliese said...

That Mitchell is convincing... But what about "Back to the Future"? Love those! especially the first.

Erin said...

NONONO nancy ... but i am impressed with your ability to remember so much ... it's like you watched short circuit yesterday ...

Yeah, marliese, back to the future is good ... but only the first and the third ... the second one is on my bad list.

iiiiiiiii dunno mer. i checked out the bio on Some Kind of Wonderful ... i'm not taking the bait.

aunt jan said...

That first picture was really creepy. And as a baby born smack-dab in the middle of the 80's, last least embrace some of it....